2019 Wheeler Mission Drumstick Dash Fundraiser
Go the extra mile for the homeless! Become a fundraiser!
This Thanksgiving, more than 1,600 people in central Indiana will spend the day homeless. We believe that nobody in our community should be without food, shelter, and warmth, but especially during the holidays. Fundraising for the Drumstick Dash helps provide nutritious meals and care to the homeless men, women, and mothers with children right here in our community.
How to Fundraise
A fundraising page has already been created for you! Just click the link in your registration confirmation email to find your page. Upload a fun picture, write a few words about why you’re raising money for the homeless this Thanksgiving, and send your page out to your friends and family, inviting them to donate to Wheeler Mission. Every $2.25 raised provides a meal to someone in need! All donations are tax-deductible and a donation receipt will be emailed to all donors.
Run for a Penny!
Back again this year - If you raise a minimum of $250 to help the homeless, we'll refund your race entry down to one penny!
Step 1: Send out the link to your personal fundraising page to all your friends and family
Step 2: Raise a minimum of $250 to help the homeless that come to Wheeler Mission seeking shelter and care
Step 3: When you’ve raised the minimum, let us know by emailing email@example.com with a link to your fundraising page
Step 4: All but a penny of your individual registration will be refunded! (one individual registration refunded per fundraising page)
BONUS! Sponsor Team Rehabilitation will match the first 20 people to raise $250 for Wheeler Mission!
All qualifying participants also receive:
- Top 10 fundraisers achieve VIP status, gaining access for two to the VIP/Celebrity area located near the start line – sponsored by Flanner Buchanan
- Top fundraiser receives the famous traveling turkey trophy to display for a year
- Fundraising prize deadline is 9AM on Monday, November 18, 2019.
- Individual prizes given to individual fundraisers only (if more than one person is using a single account, you may be ineligible for individual prizes)
- No purchase necessary to win prizes. You do not have to participate in the Drumstick Dash to fundraise.
- Run for a Penny qualifiers must email DrumstickDash@wmm.org to receive the refund. Individual fundraisers only. Only one refund per fundraising account. Restrictions may apply.
*Details subject to change.
Q: Are donations tax-deductible?
A: Yes. A donation receipt will be emailed to each donor.
Q: What do I do with cash or checks?
A: Checks should be made payable to "Drumstick Dash". Checks can be mailed to Wheeler Mission, Attn: Drumstick Dash, 205 E New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Cash can also be dropped off at this address. Make sure to include in the envelope your name (and your fundraising page name if it is different than your name). Once the money is received we will add it to your fundraising page.
You can also bring all checks and cash in an envelope, clearly marked with your name (and your fundraising page name if it is different than your name) and the total amount inside the envelope. Turn in these offline donations at the Prize Table at the Expo or at the Wheeler Mission Tent, located in the food court, on race day.
* Prizes and details subject to change.
Wheeler Mission Ministries, Inc.About
Wheeler Mission helps the homeless and needy in Indiana. Founded in 1893, Wheeler is the oldest continuously operating ministry of its kind in the state of Indiana. Our mission is to provide Christ-centered programs and services for the homeless and those in need. Our Vision is to see every man, woman, and child we serve equipped to be productive citizens who enjoy lasting success in Christ.